Select only 1 answer:

0 Yes, it will awesome
100%
0 No, who cares
0%
blink
a year ago (Edited a year ago) +1 blink 5

Hi all,

we want to inform you that we are currently working on native qemu driver and it will be comming soon :)

lindsaymathieson
a year ago 0 lindsaymathieson 6

Very interested in this, is there a branch for it? I presume you forked qemu as well.

blink
a year ago 0 blink 5

Thats correct,right now we forked new qemu and adding driver into. Driver is working right now but still working on the performance.

lindsaymathieson
a year ago (Edited a year ago) 0 lindsaymathieson 6

Is the fork public somewhere? very interested in testing it.

blink
a year ago (Edited a year ago) 0 blink 5

It will be public, right now we are still testing.

lindsaymathieson
a year ago 0 lindsaymathieson 6

Hows it going?

Valentin
a year ago 0 Valentin 24

@blink @cypromis *ping*

stuntshell
7 months ago 0 stuntshell 4

*pong*

Valentin
7 months ago (Edited 7 months ago) 0 Valentin 24

Oh my! Still no reply. I forwarded the question to the technical guys at LizardFS. Hopefully they reply soon!

I just received some information I would like to share with you:

The devs are still working on the Qemu LizardFS support. However, there are two things to consider:

1. Not enough manpower to test and iron out.
  2. The LizardFS license is not compatible with Qemu GNU GPL 2.0, according to legal advise. This could be possibly resolved with the assistance of the Qemu team.

Because of these two points, there might be a closed alpha test on the Qemu integration. The module requires compiling QEMU from sources with the LizardFS block device driver.

So far, I have received no information if and how you could apply for such a test. However, I guess it is positive to know that things are still going forward.

Reading this thread: