Welcome to our team!LizardFS is developed by people from all around the world. It's free and open source software, so anyone can study how it works and add improvements.
Join us today!There are different ways you can participate in our Project:
- Get yourself setup with a c++ dev env on a POSIX platform (BSD, Linux, MacOS ...) like described here: http://docs.lizardfs.com/devguide/creating_workspace.html
- Make yourself familiar with git and gerrit
- Get the code from our github repository as documented here: http://docs.lizardfs.com/devguide/obtaining.html
- Add a feature, fix a bug
- Stick to our commit rules: http://docs.lizardfs.com/devguide/repository.html
- Send us pull requests or patches
- Once you feel comfortable with LizardFS development, join the code review board on gerrit and apply for commit rights.
- Read our documentation at docs.lizardfs.com
- Check for errors (subject wise as well as spelling and grammar ;))
- Work on missing part (marked as "DUMMY")
- Help with the Todo
- Verify and extend our manpages
- Add translations to documentation and manpages
Local user group
- Setup or join a user group
- Help other users with their installation
- Brag about new features ;)
- Be an advocate to your community
- Sign up to github where we keep our bugtracking
- Install the latest development version of LizardFS
- Start confirming or re-testing bug reports
Marketing and advocacy
- Help with news, press information, whitepapers etc..
- Participate in conferences with booths, presentations etc...
- Write articles for magazines
- Write blog articles